Wed, Aug 23|
Zoom Online Workshop
SAFe POPM 6.0 Certification Course | Product Owner | Product Manager
The SAFe® Product Owner and SAFe® Product Manager (POPM) course covers the tactical responsibilities of these roles in the Agile Release Train. The course also gives you the guidance and tools you need to work effectively in remote environments with distributed teams.
Time & Location
Aug 23, 8:30 AM MDT – Aug 24, 5:00 PM MDT
Zoom Online Workshop
About The Event
Instructor: Jacob Anderson
What skills do you need to deliver value in a Lean enterprise? The SAFe® Product Owner and SAFe® Product Manager (POPM) course covers the tactical responsibilities of these roles in the Agile Release Train. The course also gives you the guidance and tools you need to work effectively in remote environments with distributed teams.
Learn how product owners and product managers should work together to achieve the best possible customer and business outcomes. The SAFe POPM course will teach you how to adopt a customer-centric approach to building products, using Scaled Agile Framework® to deliver more value, faster. Topics covered in this course include the daily role of POs and PMs; collaborating with engineering teams and business stakeholders; how to write epics, features, and stories; and how to design, prioritize, build, test, and deliver products with increased productivity and higher quality
To perform the role of a SAFe POPM, you should be able to:
- Identify the major components of the Scaled Agile Framework
- Connect the Scaled Agile Framework to core Lean-Agile principles and values
- Identify key roles and responsibilities within a SAFe implementation
- Contribute to Portfolio content using epics and the Portfolio kanban
- Apply Value Stream strategies to define and manage solution value
- Engage in Product Manager strategies
- Operate as a SAFe Product Owner
- Develop a stakeholder engagement plan
- Build and grow communities of practice
- Prepare for the exam to earn your POPM Certification
- How to perform the role of a PO and a PM on a daily basis.
- How to put the customer at the center of your design, build, and test process.
- How to prepare for and lead PI Planning.
- How to decompose Epics to Features and Features to Stories.
- How to collaborate with Agile teams to forecast work.
What You Get
The class registration includes:
- Course materials
- Remote learning via SAFe® Virtual Classrooms
- Access to SAFe® Collaborate, a visual online workspace
- One-year membership to the SAFe® Community Platform
- Access to content, tools, and resources you need to practice SAFe every day
- SAFe Product Owner/Product Manager certification exam
Who Will Benefit
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Product Managers
- Product Line Managers
- Product Owners
- Business Owners
- Business Analysts
- Solution Managers
- Portfolio Managers
- Program Managers
- PMO personnel
- Process Leads
- Enterprise, Solution, and System Architects
- Exam name – SAFe® 6 Product Owner/Product Manager Exam
- Exam format – Multiple choice (one answer) or multiple select (2-3 answers)New for POPM 6.0: As part of our relentless improvement to evolve our exams and provide optimal candidate experience while maintaining testing integrity and rigor, the number of answer options has been reduced. For single select questions, we have moved from four options to three. For multiple select questions, we have moved to five or four options.
- Exam delivery – Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam access – Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the SAFe Product Owner/Product Manager course.
- Exam duration – Once the exam begins, candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam.
- Number of questions – 45
- Passing score – 33 out of 45 (73%)
- Language – English
- Exam cost – First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- Retake policy – Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait.
In this two-day course, you will get an overview of the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®), the Lean-Agile mindset, and an understanding of how the Product Manager and Product Owner roles operate in the enterprise to drive the delivery of value. You will get an in-depth understanding of the specific activities, tools, and mechanics used to effectively deliver value to the enterprise. This POPM Certification training course will fully prepare you to pass the exam to earn your POPM certification from Scaled Agile.
By the end of this course, you should be able to write Epics, Capabilities, Features, and User Stories within the context of SAFe, and have a solid foundation for managing backlogs and programs in a Lean-Agile enterprise.
SAFe POPM Certification
SAFe POPM Certification Ticket.