Exceptional Remote Facilitation Workshop
Time & Location
About The Event
Join Mark Kilby, your distributed agile guide and co-author of the book, From Chaos to Successful Distributed Agile Teams, in this highly-interactive workshop designed in cooperation with a renowned leader in remote collaboration, Judy Rees!
With the growing demand for effective remote collaboration and learning experiences, coaches, scrum masters, managers and trainers are faced with many challenges in adapting their facilitation to a remote environment.
This workshop will teach you how to make your online events uniquely collaborative through the guidance of Mark Kilby. With over 20 years of experience with distributed teams, Mark combines his practical distributed coaching experience, an awareness of the best in-person and remote facilitation and training practices, and a working knowledge of modern online collaboration technology. This mix of Mark’s pragmatic experience will help you learn to get great results even when you can’t be in the room with your participants.
Following this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Describe what an engaging, participative live online workshops and exercises looks, sounds and feels like.
- Make real, human connections with participants and create a psychologically safe space remotely.
- Discourage groupthink and amplify divergence in live online video discussions.
- Adapt your small-group exercises/activities for a live online video environment.
- Implement proven approaches for tailoring Agile exercises for live online classes.
- Implement strategies to manage tools such as chat and whiteboards alongside a video stream, and handle technology overload.
- Identify relevant technical considerations, and deal with common issues.