Agile Marketing Certification - Minneapolis, MN
Time & Location
About The Event
Agile Marketing Certification Workshop
• Be part of the first certification based class offered for Agile Marketing
• From 2016 to now, marketers have continued to self-identify themselves as Agile from 25.5% up to 36.7% in 2018.
• Be among the first nationwide to get the recently approved Agile Marketing certification through ICAgile.
• Agile Marketing certification is an important step forward for the Agile Marketing community as identified at the Sprint One event last year.
• Learn more about the certification being offered by Jim Ewel who has partnered with AgileDad to offer this certification.
Learn more about the certification here:
The target audience for Agile Marketing certification is primarily Agile practitioners and first level managers. This is not training for Chief Marketing Officers (although I’m sure they’d also learn a lot) or executives. It is also appropriate for Agile coaches or scrum masters who have a marketing background and are looking to extend their practice to the marketing function.
From the 1st Annual State of Agile Marketing Report, most Marketing teams want to accomplish very tangible results and see very specific improvements in key areas. Respondents indicated the following were high priorities for their marketing departments:
• Producing higher quality work (53.3%)
• Prioritizing the most important work (44.8%)
• Better alignment with organizational goals and objectives (44.4%)
• Increased productivity of marketing teams (39.5%)
• Ability to change gears in response to feedback (35.9%)
• Releasing marketing work more quickly (30.4%)
• Increased employee satisfaction and morale (20.3%)
Recognizing the difference between Agile and Agile Marketing will help your teams see have to achieve the best results with higher quality while aligning with key objectives and goals in the organization. When talking about brand recognition and the quality of products and services advertised, Agile Marketing focuses on the real results needed for marketers.
The Agile Marketing certification classes are designed to be deeply experiential and interactive. There are plenty of exercises, not simply an instructor sitting up at the front of the room and present slides. Participants must be able to demonstrate their knowledge of both the why and the what: why agile marketing, what is agile marketing, and what methods and practices (Scrum, Kanban) are used to achieve Agility.
Agile Marketing certification is not a substitute for Certified Scrum Master or any of the other certifications offered by the Scrum Alliance. Some people in a marketing organization, particularly those who serve as scrum masters or coaches, will want to get certified by the Scrum Alliance. Those courses, however, are not designed for marketers, and they don’t prepare the average marketer to apply Scrum, for example, to the marketing practice. This certification is designed to provide that translation of the Agile concepts to marketing. Here is the basic outline of the learning outcomes for Agile Marketing Certification:
1. Why Agile Marketing? What are the critical drivers that necessitate marketers be more agile?
2. What is Agile Marketing? What are the key principles and values of the Agile Marketing Manifesto? How is it different from reactive, real-time marketing?
3. The importance of being customer-centric in Agile Marketing. Understanding customer needs and delivering value, both for the customer and for the business.
4. Implementing Agile Marketing. Focusing on outcomes over outputs. Achieving outcomes through backlogs and stories, and through adaptive learning and iteration.
5. Teams and teamwork in Agile Marketing. How to work in cross-functional teams. How to achieve improved collaboration, both within the team and across teams (and agencies).
6. Iteration-based approaches like Scrum and flow-based approaches like Kanban. How do they work in the marketing context? Which is better for certain kinds of work? Can you combine them?
7. Creating a culture of experimentation and validated learning. Using data to inform decision making.
8. Agile Marketing in practice, including case studies and a plan to adopt Agile Marketing
- Early Bird Registration$999$9990$0
- Agile Marketing Cert Ticket$1,100$1,1000$0